Wednesday, February 23, 2005

To Believe Or Not To Believe


I really hate to say it, but I’m starting to believe Barry Bonds. I’m starting to believe that this steroid scandal was blown up by the media the entire time, and that Jose Canseco’s book is full of lies and holds no truth. With the new evidence Canseco is selling his World Series ring on Ebay and owes thousands of dollars in Massachusetts state taxes, I’m starting to believe he wrote the book just for money and fame.

I’m starting to believe everything that Bonds is claiming. I’m starting to believe Bonds’ trusted trainer Greg Anderson gave Bonds the steroids unknowingly, and that Barry just thought it would keep him healthy as he grew older. Of course he used steroids, but I’m starting to believe that A) he didn’t know they were steroids at the time and B) steroids do not all of a sudden give you immediate physical powers to hit a ball 500 feet.

I’m starting to believe Bonds that steroids are just used for strength, and don’t provide the user with superhuman powers. But when push comes to shove, it all boils down to those two points I said earlier. Did Bonds know he was using steroids at the time? Do steroids give you immediate power on the field, prompting Bonds to hit home run after home run, all because of these new steroids? He must have noticed something when his numbers jolted suddenly to the point of passing Babe Ruth on the all-time home run list, the god of baseball, the creator of the home run.

Then, Bonds speaks. And his soft monotone and clear language, getting right to the point of his statement, tackles me again and again. He seems confident, not intimidated by the harsh onslaught of steroids assumptions. He never changes what he’s getting after. Barry Bonds claims he used the steroids unknowingly, and the steroids don’t help your hand/eye coordination and ability to hit the baseball.

And damn, I believe the guy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home